All workshops will be taught in Novie Trump’s spacious, sunlit studio in Jerome, Arizona. Housed in the former auto body shop of the old high school, her newly renovated and fully equipped studio boasts 15 foot ceilings and a wall of windows overlooking the nearby desert mountains.
One-on-One Professional Immersion Workshop with Novie Trump
Location: Flux Studios, Jerome, AZ
Students will have the unique opportunity to create their own workshop, working side by side with Novie in her beautiful sunlit studio in the Arizona high desert mountains. This is a completely immersive experience, allowing the student to custom tailor exactly what they would like to learn while receiving one-on-one attention and instruction from Novie. Throughout the session, there will be opportunities for participants to learn about professional development of their art practice and receive feedback on their individual portfolios. Assistance will be given in writing or fine-tuning art resumes and artists statements. A partial list of skills and subjects from which a student may choose:
• Professional Development for Artists: understanding image requirements for print, digital and online submissions, applying to juried exhibitions, developing professional relationships with curators, exploring national and local exhibition opportunities, and marketing artwork effectively with printed materials and on the web.
• Basic to advanced hand-building with clay slab construction
• Personal Imagery Development
• Low-range to mid-range glazing techniques in oxidation firings
• Test tile experimentation
• Texture stamp and slab construction
• Mark-making and carving techniques
• Image transfer on various substrates: wood, clay, glass
• Fired laser decals on glass and clay
• Incorporation of metal objects and wire in fired clay
• No-fail hanging mechanisms and methods
• Appropriate glues and adhesives
• Etching text and imagery onto glass, ceramic and metal
For a separate fee, students enrolled in the Immersion Workshop have the opportunity to stay in Novie's guest house on the grounds of her two-acre high desert property in Clarkdale, AZ. Bask in the peaceful desert sunshine while overlooking the lush Verde River and ancient Indian ruins nestled in hundreds of acres of pristine national parklands. The guest house is a private Santa Fe Modern 700 square foot studio casita featuring a living room area, California King bed, a custom indoor Japanese soaking tub and a fully equipped kitchen. The studio and guest house are conveniently located near the popular tourist destinations of Sedona, Old Town Cottonwood and Jerome. There are many wonderful restaurants and shops in the area. Glorious hiking trails and swimming holes await exploration.
Two days of one-on-one instruction (five hours a day), 25 pounds of clay, bisque firing, and 24-hour studio access.
Please complete the form with the title and date of the workshop in which you are interested along with any questions you may have concerning the workshop. You may also email email@example.com